Daily Bits for 5/12/10
Daily Bits is a collection of all the gaming news that has happened for the current day that we deem as interesting and relevant to our readers. Check back daily for more news round-ups and feel free to send your suggestions to email@example.com
Call Of Duty: Black Ops Confirms 2-4 Player Co-Op
Cooperative play for 2-4 players has been confirmed for Treyarchs next Call Of Duty installment. Although it was also mentioned that it will be beyond the single player campaign.Â Looks like we could see something like Modern Warfare 2’s spec ops which offered 2 player missions in small doses.
Also confirmed with Activision is a Wii version of Black Ops to hit store shelves alongside the PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 on November 9th 2010.Â The game will also see a cold war era setting and will follow “at least 2 main characters”
Slick Fallout: New Vegas Collector’s Edition Revealed
Fallout: New Vegas publisher Bethesda today showed off there collectors edition for the much anticipated Post-Apocalyptic RPG.Â It will run you $70.00 on PC and $80.00 on the consoles.
Below is a list of the goods.Â Will you be spending the extra cash on the collector’s edition?
– Lucky 7″ poker chips. Each of the seven poker chips was designed to represent chips from the major casinos found on the New Vegas strip and throughout the Mojave Wasteland.
– A fully customized Fallout: New Vegas deck of cards. Each card in the pack has been uniquely illustrated to depict characters and factions found within the game. Use the cards to play poker, blackjack or Caravan, an original card game that was created by Obsidian especially for New Vegas!
– A recreation of the game’s highly coveted “Lucky 38” platinum chip.
– A hardcover graphic novel “All Roads”, that tells the story of some of the characters and events that lead up to Fallout: New Vegas. “All Roads” was written by Chris Avellone, the game’s creative director, and created in conjunction with Dark Horse Comics.
– The Making of Fallout: New Vegas’ DVD. This documentary DVD will contain exclusive video content, including interviews with the developers in which they take you from concept to creation and discuss topics such as story, setting, legacy of the Fallout franchise and more.
Metro 2033 DLC Coming Soon…
The first attempt of DLC from 4A Games and THQ’s Atmospheric FPS Metro 2033 is almost “wrapped up” according to a tweet.
like a fine single malt, the DLC is almost done… we hope to be able to take the wraps off it this week
The DLC could have some fans a little uneasy due to a previous tweet saying:
testing the DLC over the weekend… it’s probably not what you expect, but we think the true Metro 2033 fans will love it…
We’ll just have to wait and see what they have up there sleeves until the official news comes out.Â Which could be as early as this week.
Split/Second’s Air Attack
Two new game modes for Split/Second have been unveiled. Say hello to Air Strike and Air Revenge.
In Air Strike mode you must race around the track while trying to dodge missles from a helicopter up above.Â You have 3 lives and the longer you can stay alive the better off you will do in the end.
Air Revenge is a little bit more interestingÂ because you create the chaos.Â By avoiding missles you earn power instead of points which allows you to jam the helicopters radar and sends the missles right back at it. Blow up the chopper and you win, simple as that.
Sound like fun? check out the link below for a little gameplay footage and a taste of what to expect.
Split/Second races onto store shelves May 18th.
Dead Space 2 Creeps It’s Way To The PC
Looks like Visceral Games is showing some love for the PC. Stating earlier today Dead Space 2 will see a release on windows, according to Dead Space 2’s official twitter feed
Dead Space PC lovers can relax! Dead Space 2 is officially coming to PC.
What is also worth mentioning is that the game is also listed for a release on “handheld/mobile”. I assume this could be PSP, DS, IPhone, IPad, or maybe even Nintendo’s 3DS.
Dead Space 2 is due out fiscal year 2011 which could be anywhere from January 1st to March 31st.
Henry Hatsworth Developer’s Next Title Is?
It’s no secret we at Everyday Gamers loved Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure. Well, developer Dreamrift, formed by the previous game’s designer Peter Ong and programmer Ryan Pijai, is hard at work on a new game that will combine two genres not normally connected to each other. The game is called Monster Tale, and in you you pay Ellie, a girl fighting her way through Monster World to free its citizens from the Kid Kings. You collect items along the way which are then dropped to the lower screen, home of a monster named Chomp. Items Chomp eats or plays with then affect him, even changing him into different forms that can be called into the Monster World to protect Ellie. Sure, it seems odd to be combining platforming with what appears to be Monster Training, but if anyone can pull it off, it would be this crew. Monster Tale is slated for a December release.