Daily Bits is a collection of all the gaming news that has happened for the current day that we deem as interesting and relevant to our readers. Check back daily for more news round-ups and feel free to send your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bioshock 2 Gets More Singleplayer
2K Marin has announced the first piece of DLC singleplayer for Bioshock 2. The “Protector Trials” will focus on the section of the game when the little sister gathers the ADAM from the corpses. You will play the Big Daddy and will be in charge of protecting the little sister from the crazed splicers.
There will be three different difficulties that you can test your skills at, across six new maps taken from the most popular areas in the Bioshock 2 world.
The “Protector Trials” will be coming to the Xbox 360, PC, and PS3 on August 3rd, and will run you 400 Microsoft Points or $5.
Modnation Racers Wins The Race, No Photo Finish
Last month was a crazy time for Racing fans, with Modnation Racers, Blur, and Split Second all coming out within a week of each other. The NPD’s have revealed the best selling of the three, yet none were really outstanding. Modnation Racers came in the 15th spot on the software sales, which isn’t too bad considering it was a Sony exclusive only title.
However, Blur and Split/Second unfortunately didn’t even make the top 30 in game sales. Analyst Michael Pachter said that Blur sold “Well below our estimate of 100,000 units” and that Split/Second did not do much better.
It’s a shame that good games do not get that recognition it deserves at times, but when you have 3 potential top racing games coming out within 7 days of each other, what do you really expect?
Rock Band Weekly DLC This Week: Creedence Clearwater Revival
This week’s Rock Band DLC is going back a few years with Creedence Clearwater Revival. Song information and pricing below.
- “Bad Moon Rising” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Born on the Bayou” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Down on the Corner” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Fortunate Son (Original Version)” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Green River” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “I Heard It Through the Grapevine” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Lookin’ Out My Back Door” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Proud Mary” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Run Through the Jungle” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Travelin’ Band” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Up Around the Bend” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
- “Who’ll Stop the Rain” (160 MSP / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
*Track packs not available for purchase on Wii; all tracks sold individually.