In Today’s Daily Bits: Castle Crashers PS3 and Castlevania: Lords of Shadow get release dates, THQ continues to use its version of the Online Pass, Rumors about new Sony PSP and could a preview video have outed many Rock Band 3 tunes?
Release date news
A couple of games now have set release dates. Those who have been awaiting a firm release for the PS3 version of Castle Crashers need only wait a little longer; the title makes its PSN debut August 31. Then there is the news many gamers have been awaiting: Castlevania: Lords of Shadow finally has a release date of October 5.
Gotta say the little bit of Lords of Shadow I got to play at E3 has me thinking this is going to be the first 3D Castlevania game done right, but what else can you expect from Kojima Productions.
EA not the only bad guy in the Online Pass game
Many of you may remember how THQ snuck in a $5.00 version of EA’s Online Pass on UFC Undisputed 2010. Well, the company is now adding a $10.00 version to WWE Smakdown vs. Raw 2011. New copies of the game will come with a code which will unlock online access and the first DLC package, which adds a new playable character and some alternate costumes. Those who buy it used will have to buy the DLC for $9.99/800 MS Points, which will presumably unlock the online play.
In the interview our own Chris Maeurer did with Dan Amrich of Activision, he said he would not be surprised if more developers started copying EA’s online pass. Looks like that has started already.
Could the new PSP have touch sensitive controls?
So there are many rumors about the new PSP, one of which is just…well, I am not sure what to make of it. According to some sources, the new iteration of Sony’s handheld may have a touch sensitive area on the back.
As far as things we know for certain about the new design ideas, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Kaz Hirai has state it will not be a download only system. He still claims the PSP Go was a success, but he has stated the company has noticed there is still a need for people to be able to buy some for of a physical medium.
Touch controls on the back? Not only does that just sound weird, but I am not going to get worked up about any PSP rumors will we have a better idea what it will actually have. Remember we all got excited before we saw the PSP Go.
Possible list of Rock Band 3 tunes leaked
So there was a video coming out of Gamescon yesterday that may have accidentally leaked several of the tracks included in Rock Band 3. During an interview with Youtube GottGamesShow, a Harmonix rep was seen scrolling through the set list. While the video has been removed, sources including Joystiq have been able to compile a list of what was shown, including Devo’s “Whip It” and James Brown’s “I Got You (I Feel Good).” Here are the tracks:
- The Bronx – False Alarm
- Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird
- Beach Boys – Good Vibrations (Live)
- Tegan and Sara – The Con
- Riverboat Gamblers – Don’t Bury Me… I’m Still Not Dead
- The Police – Don’t Stand So Close to Me
- Steve Miller Band – Fly Like an Eagle
- Blondie – Heart of Glass
- The Who – I Can See For Miles
- James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Ramones – I Wanna Be Sedated
- John Lennon – Imagine
- Big Country – In a Big Country
- Primus – Jerry Was a Race Car Driver
- Echo and the Bunnymen – Killing Moon
- Dover – King George
- Raveonettes – Last Dance
- The Sounds – Living in America
- Phish – Llama
- Faith No More – Midlife Crisis
- Paramore – Misery Business
- Queens of the Stone Age – No One Knows
- At the Drive-In – One Armed Scissor
- The Muffs – Outer Space
- Golden Earring – Radar Love
- Amy Winehouse – Rehab
- Elton John – Saturday Night’s Alright (For Fighting)
- Deep Purple – Smoke on the Water
- The Smiths – Stop Me If You’ve Heard This One Before
- Hypernova – Viva La Resistance
- Pretty Girls Make Graves – Something Bigger, Something Brighter
- Swingin’ Utters – This Bastard’s Life
- Dire Straits – Walk of Life
- Devo – Whip It
- Warren Zevon – Werewolves of London
- Flaming Lips – Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots Pt. 1
Now these are uncomfirmed, but this is quite a list. Looks like Harmonix is going to bring it for Rock Band 3. This game has gone from something I really was not interested in to a day one purchase.
Daily Bits is a collection of all the gaming news that has happened for the current day that we deem as interesting and relevant to our readers. Check back daily for more news round-ups and feel free to send your suggestions to email@example.com